Diploma in Hospital and Community Pharmacy
A pharmacist is “a person prepared to formulate, dispense and provide clinical information on drugs of medications to health professionals and patients”
A pharmacist plays a key role in providing quality healthcare and pharmaceutical care. This course is designed to give a thorough understanding of the various aspects on the subject of pharmacy and to train the students to sit for the Certificate of Efficiency in Hospital and Community Pharmacy examination conducted by Ceylon Medical College Council. This qualification will allow the trainees to work in an organization as a qualified pharmacist or to start their own pharmacy and grow as an entrepreneur.
- To provide the participant a with the necessary theoretical input & practical experience to gain a thorough knowledge about the subject of pharmacy.
- To prepare the trainee to sit for the Certificate of Efficiency in Hospital and Community Pharmacy examination conducted by Ceylon Medical College Council.
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Pharmacology and Therapeutics
- Pharmacy Practice
- Forensic Pharmacy
- Communication for Pharmacists
- Dispensing Practice
- Be successful in G.C.E. (O/L) with Credit pass in English.
- G.C.E. (A/L ): Pass in Chemistry and two passes from the following.
subjects : Biology/ Physics/ Mathematics and Agriculture, in one sitting.
Ms Chamalika Senaratne, Senior Executive – Training, LHA
Chief Resource Person
Ms Lakmali Hemachandra, Pharmacy Manager, LHC.