Observership / Training for G.C.E. (O/L & A/L) and Medical students
A training aimed at providing an orientation in hospital practice during a period of 10 days for O/L & A/L students, who wish to continue their further studies in Medical sciences.
A programme with a wider coverage and a training component has been designed for medical students of foreign universities to obtain practical experience in a Hospital setting.
To provide an opportunity to G.C.E. (O/L & A/L) Students to observe operational activities of ten departments in the hospital environment, such as;
- Support services,
- Emergency department,
- Health Check department,
- Physiotherapy department,
- Dental unit,
- Pediatric Unit,
- Nuclear medicine unit,
- Nutrition department
- Diagnostics department to cover X-ray, MRI, CT Scan, Dexa)
To educate Medical Students to obtain practical experience in four major clinical specialties and other related activities in relevant departments, such as ;
- To observe basic clinical activities happening in wards and above units
- To familiarize with medical records keeping / patient records
- To know about common nursing procedure
- To know about the infection control procedures in the hospital environment
- To know about the medication management
- To know about the Endoscopy, GU center & Dialysis unit
- To observe and know the activities in the emergency department
- To know about the Housekeeping functions in hospital environment
G.C.E. (O/L & A/L) students : 10 days
Medical students : 2 – 3 weeks & Up to 6 weeks
Ms Chamalika Senaratne, Senior Executive- Training, LHA.
Chief Resource Person
Ms Chitra Damayanthi- Deputy Chief Matron, LHC.