With the evolving changes in the society in relation to the diseases, increased use of healthcare services and drug usage are on the rise than ever. Hence, more and more people step into pharmacy stores daily, to fulfill their medication requirements. In the process, pharmacy assistant plays a significant role for the seamless functioning of its operation to assist pharmacists with administration work and customer care needs. Having understood the importance of pharmacy operation, Lanka Hospitals Academy offers you a Certificate Course in Pharmacy practice, enabling you to project yourself as a qualified candidate.
- To provide adequate knowledge in Pharmacy related inventories, basic housekeeping practices, infection preventions and control procedures in maintaining a pharmacy.
- To know the principals of business management, finance, IT, customer care and Legal procedures relevant to running a Pharmacy.
- Inventory Management including ordering, storing, stacking, reordering, stock book maintenance, storage conditions and annual stock verification.
- Pharmaceutics, assisting in compounding and preparing medication.
- Introduction to basic pharmacology.
- Assist in dispensing medication.
- Customer care and Business Management.
- Basic IT and Finance.
- Rules and regulations enforced by NMRA in registering and managing a community pharmacy.
- Care, usage and maintenance of premises utensils, handling waste disposal and maintaining infection control measures.
- Successful at G.C.E. (O/L) or individuals who are interested in joining the field of Pharmacy and who are working in pharmacies without an accepted qualification.
Ms. Chamalika Senaratne – Senior Executive-Training – Lanka Hospitals Academy.
Chief Resource Person
Mr. Aruna Gangodawila – Manager Pharmacy – Lanka Hospitals.